from a snowy walk in the Rattlesnake, Missoula, Montana

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Ode to Cheese


Ode to Cheese

If anyone out there knows me, just a little bit at all...Y’all know about my love for cheese. Truthfully, its more than love, its an addiction. Cheese and I are BFFs for ever and ever. So, as you can imagine, the notion of not having cheese in my life was...frankly anxiety causing. (Only a slight exaggeration) When anxiety was not occurring, I thought to myself, that this might be a good opportunity to break the addiction--cold turkey right? 

As it happens, cheese can be found in Botswana. During my recent pilgrimage to the Emerald City I might have gone a little cheese crazy in my purchases....Since winter is coming, I can keep perishables such as cheese and milk for longer (jackpot!). So of course, I had to buy cheese....but that was only just the beginning. Once I made that first purchase, it was down hill from there. I say that with all seriousness. So many of my purchases have cheese in the ingredient list: peppered gouda from food lovers, three different kinds of powdered cheese sauce, pre-made cheese sauce, a white cheese pasta sauce and pasta stuffed with cheese and two packets of faux Mac n cheese. 

So while I will be living in bliss for a few weeks....Then I will fall into a deep depression once my cheese stash runs dry. To be completely honest, its not like the powdered cheese sauce or pre-made cheese sauce is any good and the mac n cheese is just okay...it just tastes vaguely like cheese and gives me a temporary high from my increase dopamine production. 

So far this morning, I while I was laying in bed drinking my coffee, I proceeded to eat a hunk of that burning love called peppered gouda with salticrax (Gods gift to the cracker world). 

And how do I feel right now? Perfectly fine! (aside from a nagging headache).My tum-tum is filled with cheese! 

Keep those Velveta Shells n Cheese coming! (maybe throw in some parmesan too?) 

No comments:

Post a Comment