from a snowy walk in the Rattlesnake, Missoula, Montana

Saturday, October 4, 2014

A letter to my students

I would like to take this opportunity to say goodbye. I will always remember the two years I have spent in Lehututu. All of you have a special place in my heart. 

Before I go, I would like to say a few words. 

First off you are all special. All of yuh are special and unique creatures of God. Never let anyone tell you otherwise. I pray that one day you can recognize the abilities and strengths that lie in you all. 

Secondly, I ask that you keep on dreaming. No matter what your dreams may be--be it a taxi driver, artist or lawyer. Do not let anyone tell you that your dreams are trivial or stupid. Never stop working towards your dreams, they won't come to fruition over night but never stop trying. 

Lastly, I would like to remind you that you have control over your life. YOU. Not your mother, uncle or friends. It may not seem like it now, but you have the power to make your life what you want it I be. If someone calls you stupid or demeans your dreams, don't let it deter you. Just know that those words were spoken from their own insecurities. Only you can determine your destiny. 

Go with God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment