from a snowy walk in the Rattlesnake, Missoula, Montana

Monday, September 16, 2013

Here is to 27!

A lot has happened in a year! One year ago on Sept 12th, we boarded an airplane from NYC to Botswana. The year has been full of highs and lows, adventures and memories.

Truthfully, I have to say that I didn't enjoy most of Sept 12, 2013...I spent the morning in bed feeling sorry for myself. Drank wine in the afternoon, cried (more times that I have in the past year) and painted my nails. Its hard living in a culture that doesn't value your chosen path in life.

A few years ago, my dear friend Amanda on my birthday asked me what the highlights of the previous year were and what goals I had for the upcoming year.

In honor of that:

Goals:
Do a daily gratitude journal.
Figure out what you are going to do when you grow up.
Start referring to yourself as a grown up, since after all...you are.
Embrace the fact that you are living the path less traveled.

On the up side: I still only have 1 grey hair and look like I am about 21! Lets home some things don't change!

No comments:

Post a Comment